DIPLOMA IN PROCUREMENT
Procurement describes the process of buying: learning of the need, locating and selecting a supplier, negotiating price and other pertinent terms, and following up to ensure delivery. In addition, it includes stores, traffic, receiving, incoming inspection, and salvage of goods.
The module is work-oriented and is designed to equip the learner with knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to carry out procurement of goods, services and works efficiently and effectively and understanding of procurement concepts.
Expected Learning Outcomes
On successful completion of this module, learner should be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of procurement in an organization;
- Explain the procurement cycle for goods, services and works;
- Discuss procurement planning in the line of procurement for goods, services and works;
- Explain the nature of inspection, receiving and acceptance;
- Explain the concept of product design; and
- Execute procurement and supply process in an organization.
- Teacher: Job Nettoh